“Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.”
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays specifically because I don’t have to be myself. It gets tiring being yourself day in and day out. Why be myself if I can be Batman? Okay, maybe I can’t be Batman, but until that day comes I welcome Halloween with open arms. Scary at its roots, I find it to be a silly sort of holiday.
Clearly, I was in some sort of mood as I decided to dress in fashion of a Mad Scientist and go to town on making a video. I’ve come to the realization of 2 things today while shooting and editing this video.
- I really need to make space on my phone. The amount of apps I deleted during the shooting today and still got interrupted with the “no more storage” vicious warning screen is absolute nonsense.
- I may be too cheesy to be on film. On the plus side, I do love cheese.
If you’re looking for a tasty treat this Halloween, look no further. The eyeballs for the garnish of this cocktail were first brought to life by my father who brought a cauldron full of gawking punch. They were a hit with the family and the workplace, but ever since I’ve been thinking of a way to adultify it. And let me tell you, this stuff is gooood.
A play on the French 75, I introduce the Cyclops 75! Read on for the recipe to accompany the video.
- 2 oz Gin
- 1/4 oz Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Maraschino Cherry Juice and Lychee Syrup Mix
- Approx 1 oz Bubbly Red Moscato
- 1 Lychee (pitted)in syrup
- 1 Maraschino Cherry
- Prepare garnish by stuffing maraschino into a pitted lychee.
- In an ice filled shaker build gin, lemon juice, and syrup.
- Shake well to combine. Strain into martini glass.
- Garnish with lychee eye.
- Enjoy your treat with a little trick!